For long-term food storage.
Note: Use 300cc oxygen absorbers for use in a #10 can or equivalent size. You can also use a number of these in a larger container, depending on residual air volume.
Note: Use one of the 2000cc oxygen absorbers for 5 or 6 gallon buckets.
What Are Oxygen Absorbers?
Oxygen absorbers are made of a chemical compound, the active ingredient of which is a powdered iron oxide. Our absorbers are completely safe. While they are not edible, they are not toxic. No harmful gases are created and the oxygen does not remove the fresh smell and taste of the product.
What Do Oxygen Absorbers Do?
When used with proper packaging and sealing, the oxygen in the packaging is greatly reduced. Our absorbers bring the oxygen level down reliably to .01% or less.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Them?
• Extends shelf life
• Prevents growth of aerobic pathogens and spoilage organisms, including molds
• Eliminates the need for additives such as BHA, BHT, sulfur dioxide, sorbates, benzoates, etc
• Use with gas flushing/vacuum packaging to absorb virtually all oxygen and absorb any oxygen that may permeate the package.
• Significantly improves keeping qualities of polyunsaturated fats and oils
• Helps retain fresh-roasted flavor of coffee and nuts
• Prevents oxidation of spice oleoresins present in spices themselves and in seasoned foods
• Prevents oxidation of vitamins A, C and E
• Extends life of pharmaceuticals
• Inhibits mold in natural cheeses and other fermented dairy products
• Delays non-enzymatic browning of fruits and some vegetables
• Inhibits oxidation and condensation of red pigment of most berries and sauces